The Final Instalment on Hong Kong Disneyland - Part 3

Hey everybody!

We are back with the third and final instalment of Tash's exciting experience in Hong Kong Disneyland.

If you haven't yet caught up with Part 1 and Part 2, I suggest you do so now so that you are completely up to speed...

Enjoy and as ever, let me know your feedback in the comments section below.

Mercedes x





Mercedes: So of course, for die hard Disney fans like you and I who plan on visiting all of the Disney parks during our life time, Hong Kong Disneyland is a must do! But would you recommend Hong Kong Disneyland to the average person who may just be visiting Hong Kong?

Tash: I would say yes, go! I did thoroughly enjoy it. I do think the fact that I went on my own changed my experience a little bit. But as a park, in general, I did enjoy it overall. I wouldn't say go out of your way but if you're in Hong Kong and you have a day [to spare] and you want something to do... definitely give it a visit!



Hong Kong Disneyland's Castle
Photo Credit: Natasha Smith
Mercedes: Okay, cool. So, here's a bit of a difficult question for you... You've done California, you've done Paris, you've done Shanghai and now you've also done Hong Kong... how would you rate them in order of best to worst?


Tash and I at her local Disneyland: Shanghai


Tash: California is obviously my favourite... it's my family's Disneyland. I feel like you have Orlando and Anaheim is mine... not that I own it! You know what I mean! [Laughter] * Paris is difficult for me to place as I can't really remember it... the last time I went was 10 years ago with you, and I know it has changed loads since then! Benji and I might try and go next year.

Mercedes: Trust me, I went back last year [2016] and the improvements that they have made to Disneyland Paris are incredible. It feels a lot more like the US now. The staff are amazing... everything is amazing! There are a lot of new attractions! You'll love it.


Tash: I do love Shanghai. However, I feel that they need to develop it a lot more which I am sure they will do over the next few years. At the moment it feels like it's not completely finished. I would have to put Hong Kong last I think... although it does remind me of Anaheim but honestly, I probably wouldn't ever go back there unless I was in Hong Kong in maybe five or ten years time when all of the new developments have been made like the bigger castle, Marvel land and Frozen land. So I think I would have to say...

1. California
2. Shanghai
3. Paris
4. Hong Kong

Mercedes:
Okay cool! I think my list would be Orlando, Paris, Shanghai... so final question, when are you going to do the trip of a life time... Orlando! When is that going to happen?


Tash: Whenever Benji lets me! [Laughter] I know I'll get there one day, I'm in no real hurry. 
At the moment I'm ticking off the Asian parks because we're living out here and I may never get the chance again! I know 100% that I will go to Florida one day but I know I need a lot of money to do so and obviously, as I am getting married** next year, it's not allowed to be a priority for me right now. I hate to say it but it will probably be when I'm in my 30s...

Mercedes:
[Excited] When you've got babies!?


Tash: Maybe... I don't know!


Mercedes:
Realistically, I don't think I will get to Orlando again now until I have a family of my own! Such a depressing thought! 
Thank you so much for your time Tash. Do you have anything to add? Obviously, the main purpose of this was to chat about your experience of Hong Kong but we got a little side tracked along the way! Is there anything else you want to say?

Tash: Apart from telling you to look up flights to Tokyo? [Laughter] I guess I should probably add that I went to all of the shows in Hong Kong Disneyland and I found that most of them were significantly better than in Shanghai. The parade was better too but remember, you do have to queue for a while to see the shows. Some of them had a recommended wait time of over an hour! But yes, I would say it's worth it.



Ariel during the Nighttime Parade
Photo Credit: Natasha Smith
Mercedes: Thank you so much for your insight!
Tash: No problem at all.


- - - 

I really hope you have all enjoyed this series of 'interview' posts! Please let me know what you want to read next! More trip reports or film reviews? How about Top Tips and past experiences at Disneyland? 

I would love to hear your thoughts and ideas - perhaps you want Podcasts or Video in the future?

Until next time,
Mercedes x


*What Tash simply means is that her family holidays were always to Disneyland in Anaheim in comparison to mine which were in WDW in Orlando.
**Yes, you heard right, my Best Friend is getting married! And yes, I am beyond ecstatic at the prospect of being a Bridesmaid!