'Tale as Old as Time' Afternoon Tea!

Hey Beauties...and Beasts!

I had the absolute pleasure of attending the Town House's amazing 'Tale as Old as Time' Afternoon Tea at The Kensington Hotel! If you have absolutely no idea what I am talking about, you can read more about this fabulous experience here.


For those of you that do... let's jump straight in!

Chip made an appearance at the 'Tale as Old as Time' Afternoon Tea


The Tale as Old as Time (TAOAT) Afternoon Tea was my Birthday treat to my Mum as it was her 50th Birthday this June. Unfortunately, as this event is SO popular, November was the earliest reservation that I could make! I believe that the TAOAT experience is currently sold out for the rest of the year but definitely don't give up if you too would love to visit; cancellations do crop up! I didn't mind too much that we had to wait; it prolonged my Mum's 50th Birthday celebrations and meant that we were in the Christmas spirit in London which was lovely.


Town House is located at The Kensington Hotel, right in the heart of London's affluent Kensington area
The exterior of The Kensington Hotel was absolutely stunning



Left to Right: Me, My Mum and My Sister Morgan
The Kensington Hotel itself is a real spectacle; we knew that we were going to have a marvellous time before we even entered the Town House restaurant as the exterior, entrance hall and lobby are so beautifully decorated and the staff were incredibly attentive and very polite!

We were a little early (keen!) so we were advised to take a seat in The Kensington Hotel's dining area for a little while until our table was ready. After what felt like a lifetime, it was time and the Afternoon Tea did NOT disappoint. With little nods to favourite characters and homages to the lyrics from 'Be Our Guest', this was the perfect afternoon for three very big Disney fans and lovers of the movie.

We started by selecting our tea from a very vast menu and were then advised to 'relax, pull up a chair, as the dining room proudly presented...' our Afternoon Tea!


Lumiere and Cogsworth were on hand to greet us along with The Beast's Rose Jar

For Starter, we enjoyed 'Beef Ragout, Cheese Souffle...' and a Vension Pie 'en flambé'! Honestly the attention to detail was pure perfection

The Waiter volunteered to take our photo for us; nothing was too much trouble for them

We enjoyed finger sandwiches, brioche and a selection of desserts all themed around the animated classic

I was pleased that My Mum had a wonderful day and thoroughly enjoyed her Birthday celebrations

For dessert, a chocolate and marzipan Cogsworth tart was on the menu!

Double Cream was available to add to our delicious Vanilla and Rose jelly, courtesy of Mrs Potts

When thinking about how best to write this post, I considered reviewing everything on the menu and going into a lot of detail but why spoil the fun for those of you that are yet to visit! If you do have any specific questions about the experience or the menu, please let me know in the comments below and I will be more than happy to answer you. In summary however, all that I can say is that 'the dinner here is never second best!' I highly recommend the TAOAT Afternoon Tea. Sure, it is a little pricey but for a special experience such as a Birthday or an Anniversary, this is the perfect place to visit for any Beauty and The Beast fan.

With our bellies filled with food and our hearts filled with Disney magic, we decided that we wanted just a little more Disney!


We headed over to The Disney Store on Oxford Street, naturally. I was pretty restrained I am pleased to tell you... I only purchased one tree decoration which is pretty good going for me! Admittedly, the other ornament that I wanted to buy was sold out!


Morgan feeling like a Princess in Cinderella's Golden Carriage
So there you have it, a wonderful day filled with Disney magic in the heart of England's Capital.

Incroyable!