My Top 10 Attractions at Disneyland, CA

My trip to Disneyland and California Adventure feels like a lifetime ago now...

To help keep the spirit of my vacation alive and to (hopefully) provide a little knowledge to you all, this blog post is dedicated to my favourite attractions at the Californian Disney parks!

Enjoy! And don't forget to let me know your favourite Disneyland/DCA attractions in the comments below!

M x

P.s. For even more on Disneyland and California Adventure, listen back to Episode 3 of ChatDisney!


10. Soarin'


Photo Credit: Disneyland
Soarin' over California has recently been updated to Soarin' around the World in the majority of Disney parks and California is no exception. After riding this in Shanghai, I knew what to expect but I still really enjoyed the attraction... even if I didn't get to sit on the higher tier!



9. Splash Mountain


Photo Credit: Disneyland
It's been a while since I last checked in with my 'happy place' as Splash Mountain is sadly absent from the recent parks that I've visited. The narrative on this one is playful and fun, and nothing can ever quite prepare you for that HUGE drop! We got soaked! Like so wet that my undies and the contents of my handbag were damp! Be prepared with spare clothing and ziplock bags for this one!

8. Big Thunder Mountain


Photo Credit: Disneyland

This is a really fun runaway train and great for kids that are perhaps not quite ready to handle a big coaster. Lots of enjoyment to be had! A classic.


7. The Haunted Mansion


Photo Credit: Disneyland

Phantom Manor was closed when I visited Paris last year and sadly, Shanghai does not have a Haunted Mansion inspired attraction. It was a breath of fresh air to be able to ride one of my favourite attractions again, and the original nonetheless. I love the architecture here on the original as the mansion looks like a big New Orleans style, southern mansion. Great ride and again, another classic must do!

6. Indiana Jones Adventure


Photo Credit: Disneyland

I had never been on this attraction and had no idea what to expect. I was no disappointed. This frantic car journey takes you around the action made famous by our favourite hero, Indie. Think Dinosaur in Disney's Animal Kingdom meets The Great Movie Ride. Loved it.

5. Star Tours: The Adventure Continues


Photo Credit: YouTube

I have been on this attraction many, many times but I never tire of it! I rode this four times in California as I wanted the Force Awakens narrative - my favourite ride in the Disneyland park.

4. Radiator Springs Racers


Photo Credit: Wikipedia
And now for the final four, we move on to Disney's California Adventure. This was the queue line that was longest during my trip, boasting three hours for the majority of the day. The dark ride sequence of the ride was cute and paid homage beautifully to the movie. Once the cars get outside into the Route 66 landscape, this ride ramps up a notch and becomes something else entirely! Think Test Track! Loved this!

3. Toy Story Mania


Photo Credit: Undercover Tourist
Again, I had ridden Toy Story Mania at WDW so I knew what to expect but it had been a while and I forgot what an awesome ride this one truly is; a much improved version of the Buzz Lightyear ride in the other park. Really enjoyed this and I'm happy to report that I did indeed beat Grumpy!

2. Guardians of The Galaxy: Mission Breakout


Photo Credit: Wikipedia

If I didn't love Tower of Terror so much, I might put this in the top spot. I was so upset when I heard about the re-theming of this ride but it has been executed so spectacularly that you can't help but fall in love with it all over again. The ride mechanic has also been greatly improved resulting in a much more 'forceful' ride so those that suffer with motion sickness may need to sit this one out! Awesome attraction!

1. The Incredicoaster


Photo Credit: Disneyland

And finally, my favourite attraction in California, The Incredicoaster. Originally California Screamin', I sadly didn't get the opportunity to ride the original but all I can say is that this is one great coaster. Loved the inversions and being able to see the gorgeous landscape of the park and beyond – you can even see mountains, yes, real mountains in the distance on a clear day! Narrative was great and I love that Incredibles soundtrack! Five stars from me!

If you'd like to hear more about Disneyland in California, I highly recommend you check out the ChatDisney podcast.