My Biggest Disney Fear Reveal...

Hey!

I hope you're all having a brilliant Summer! Mine has been a lot more chilled than last year – I had six weddings to attend in 2018, so as I'm sure you can imagine, it was pretty full on!

Not having as many plans this year has naturally got me thinking about travel plans and getaways which I have been discussing with Grumpy...

He's not super keen on going away again this year as, SPOILER, we may be getting a puppy...

Watch this space!

But, naturally, this week we begun discussing possible travel plans anyway and as usual, we arrived after much discussion at the F word...

FLORIDA.

At this point, the discussion usually goes from optimistic and exciting, to damn right argumentative.

I should let you know that Grumpy, the hater of all things Disney, has no desire to go to Walt Disney World in Orlando, and this in itself is resulting in a very realistic fear for me...

WILL I EVER GET TO GO BACK TO WALT DISNEY WORLD?!

My first trip to WDW, August 1998

"You're allowed to go," he smiles back at me for the 100th time that we've had this conversation. Not the point – I want to share the experience with him. 

He also 'assures' me (although I do have my doubts) that it will be different once we have a family of our own... but even if he is true to his word, as an unmarried couple with no plans to start a family anytime soon, this means that I'm going to be waiting at least another decade before I return, and I just don't think I can do that.

I might explode.

Do you know the last time I visited Orlando? 2012! It's been seven years...seven! I haven't seen New Fantasyland or Pandora... how can I possibly call myself a 'Disney expert' when it's been so long! I have got to get back there.

My plan was that I'd visit again in 2021 for my 30th Birthday and my Sister's 21st which will also coincide with the 50th Anniversary of WDW but sadly, Grumpy isn't having any of it. Of course I can still make that trip without him, but that makes me feel so sad. He is my significant other, the Beast to my Beauty, the person that I love to travel with... is it so wrong for me to want him to come with? (If you ask him, then YES!)

And essentially, there you have it. That's my biggest Disney fear revealed – and yes, I'm aware that it makes me sound like a little brat but hey, the way I see it, if I can learn to ski, hike mountains and explore the 'great' outdoors for him, then he can sure as hell visit the happiest place on Earth for me!

And whilst I'm grateful that he has visited Paris, Shanghai and Anaheim with me... you all know as well as I do that when it comes to Orlando, in the wise old word of Sinead O'Connor, nothing compares.

So what is your biggest Disney fear? Let me know in the comments below.