My Top Disney+ Picks

Hey there, hi there, ho there,

In a time of turmoil and uncertainty all over the world, at least one positive thing has happened...

Disney+ has now launched in the UK.


cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/6SM00DbERABpAqoOP3bjkvN...
Image Credit: The Verge

Here are my picks for the best things to watch on Disney+ right now!

ENJOY


- M


1. The Imagineering Series

This is a must watch for fans of parks and new Disney fans alike.

An educational look into the history of the Walt Disney company, and WED enterprises specifically, in this docu-series you'll explore Walt's world in 1955's California, right up to present day with Iger's vision for Shanghai Disneyland.

Not to be missed.

2. The Mandalorian
If you want an action packed, gripping show, and to finally understand what the fuss around "Baby Yoda" is all about, then this is the show for you.

If you've never watched Star Wars before, and you don't know your ewoks from your wookies, have no fear!

The Mandalorian is a brand new series that takes place within the Star Wars universe. It has brand new characters, and brand new plots meaning that this epic series is accessible for all.

Definitely one to be watched. You will be hooked. I promise!

3. Pirates of The Caribbean: The Curse of The Black Pearl


I know, I know. It's old. And you have an old DVD version at your parents' house. Why would we need to watch this again.

Because it's brilliant.

I honestly believe that this is by far Disney's finest live action work. After recently watching the horrors that are Pirates of The Caribbean 4 and 5, I was delighted to rewatch this movie and enjoy the company of Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley once again.


Highly recommend giving this one a rewatch.

4. High School Musical 2 (...and the original, and 3)
For any ChatDisney listeners out there, you'll know that I recently said that High School Musical 2 was the worst High School Musical movie in the franchise...

I'm now not so sure about that statement, but what I do know, is that this film is jam packed with nostalgia for me!

From the moment the school bell rang to mark the beginning of Summer, I was transported back to my teenage years, and from out of nowhere, every lyric, every dance routine magically found itself at the forefront of my brain.


Family fun, and a big ol' dose of nostalgia. Watch it... and the first and third too!

5. Lion King (Live Action)


If you haven't watched it yet, now is your opportunity to do so.

I hate this movie. Yes, hate it. But I implore you to give it a watch if you haven't done so already, so that you can make your mind up.


6. Disney's Fairytale Weddings

This is trash TV at it's finest.

Jam packed with tearful moments, surprise encounters, and more cheese than a four cheese pizza with an extra serving of mozarella, this is perfect "background" TV for whilst you're preoccupied with chores around the house.

7. Bao


Bao is perhaps one of my favourite Pixar shorts of all time.

I recently revisited Bao with a Korean friend of mine, and hearing her thoughts and interpretation of the Asian relationship between Mother and Son, was really, really insightful and made me fall in love with the short all over again.

8. Steamboat Willie


It's got to be done.

It's hard to believe that this short was created almost a century ago, in 1928!

And it's... weird.

From Minnie having "breasts", to Mickey playing the teets of a pig, the bizarre nature of this short makes it even more iconic in many respects.


9. The Pixar Story

This isn't a new documentary, but if you haven't seen it already, this should be at the top of your list. Another brilliant documentary that looks into the development of the Pixar company and it's merger with Disney, a must watch for film fans.

10. Boy Meets World

It's interesting to me that I thought Disney+ would mean that I'd pour my heart into revisiting the brilliant animated classics, but instead, I have found myself watching a tonn of Disney Channel nostalgia!

Boy Meets World was one of my absolute favourites growing up, and the nostalgia hit is just amazing. 


Whether you grew up on Lizzie McGuire, Suite Life of Zack and Cody or Gargoyles, I impore you to choose your Disney Channel poison, and enjoy revisiting your childhood!

Please let me know what you're loving right now on Disney+ by sending me a tweet @mercedeslois