Happy New Year

To all of my lovely readers,

2020 was tough. 

I think the majority of us had this sort of blind optimism that when the clock struck 12 on January 1st, things would be different. 

But alas, they were not.

Here in the UK we are faced with yet another national lockdown. I have been very fortunate throughout this pandemic as I've been working full time, from home, the entire time. This keeps me busy but still, the mind often wanders nevertheless...

During these dark moments – moments of panic and uncertainty – as cliche as it sounds, it's often Disney that gets me through. I'll remember family trips, and special memories shared with friends. I might look through old trip photos, stick on a Disney podcast, or watch some new Disney+ content.


I believe that now, more than ever, it's important to practice mindfulness. If you're struggling right now write down your daily gratitudes, go for a walk, meditate.

I know lots of people have decided to steer clear of resolutions in 2021 – and I don't blame them – but that said, I have made some:

  • Be grateful for every moment. A hug from a parent. A phone call with a friend. A photo in front of Cinderella Castle.
  • Remember, this is temporary. I will get to a Disney park again in the future. I will experience the magic.
  • Be kind to yourself. If I choose Hamilton with a side of Ben and Jerry's over a workout, that's my decision to make.
Together, we can get through this difficult time and a little Disney magic might just make the time a little more bearable. 

Let me know what's keeping you sane right now. You can DM me on Twitter or Instagram, @mercedeslois.

– Mercedes