Aladdin The Musical: My First Disney Bound

Disney bounding.

It's the craze that is taking over Disney Instagram accounts and parks by storm and yet, it's something that I had never tried out for myself... until now.

First off, a lot of you probably have no idea what a 'Disney bound' is so please, allow me to explain...


Dictionary of MercedesLois

noun


1. A Disney bound is an outfit, not costume, inspired by a Disney character that you have put together using your own personal style and taste. You can find out a little more on the Disney bound site here.

Example: "I am totally going to do an Aurora inspired Disney bound the next time I go to the Magic Kingdom!"
Verb: Disney bounding

Hopefully that has cleared that up for you.

Now, some of you may recall that my lovely boyfriend bought me tickets to see Disney's Aladdin The Musical in London's West End for my Birthday and as Aladdin is my favourite Disney movie and Jasmine is my favourite Disney Princess, I decided that this was the perfect time to try out Disney bounding for myself.


My First Disney Bound - Princess Jasmine
(A full review of Aladdin The Musical will be posted shortly, fear not...)



I have created my own Princess Jasmine fancy dress costume previously for a friend's Birthday so I already knew the kinds of colours and accessories that I wanted to incorporate into the look. Basically a lot of glitter, jade green tones, gold and crystals! I was also fortunate enough to have been gifted a gorgeous wrap from China from a close friend which definitely had some Magic Carpet vibes about it so this was also included along with a complimenting bag.

Very excited waiting for the show to begin!
Here is a full list of everything used to create my Princess Jasmine inspired Disney Bound:

Jade green slip dress: Miss Selfridge
Gold headband with stone: Claire's Accessories

Gold necklace: Claire's Accessories
Gold 3D face glitter: MAC
Jade green rhinestones: Sussex Stationers
Jade green crystal bracelet: Swarovski
Rose gold watch: Michael Kors

Metallic sandals: New Look
Floral embroidered wrap: A gift from a friend in China
Floral bag: Cath Kidston  




Have you tried Disney bounding yet? I would love to see some of your creations! As ever, please contact me in the comments below or you can Instagram or Tweet @mercedeslois

Happy Disney bounding!
-MercedesLois