How I'm spending my life in lockdown...

Hey all you cool Mickeys and Minnies...

It's me, Carole Baskin Mercedes.

I really do hope that all of my lovely little Disneys are staying safe and keeping well right now in this "new normal" that we find ourselves living in.

During lockdown, I've been very fortunate in the fact that I'm still working full time, Monday to Friday, which is filling the majority of my time.

BUT, like lots of you, I too have found myself with an excessive amount of spare time on my hands during the evenings and at the weekend, so I thought I'd put together a little list of the ways that I'm choosing to spend my time, to inspire you... Disney style!

You're welcome!

- M


1. Sketching


My attempts at Stitch and Elsa
The lovely people at the Walt Disney Company have uploaded a whole host of fun sketching workshops for you to join in with. These have really been a lot of fun for me! You can find them on YouTube, and each lasts around 20 minutes. There are SO many different characters for you to learn to draw – it's so much fun!

This is definitely one for the whole family to get involved with too – and, at the end of it, you have some gorgeous Disney artwork that you can display around the house!



2. Home workouts

It seems that running and keep fit have completely taken the nation by storm! So why not incorporate a little Disney magic into your at home work out?


I've found some really awesome Disney workout playlists on Spotify that keep me super energised, and make me want to pop on my leggings and do some squats!

Try them out for yourself and let me know which are your favourites!


3. Binge watching TV



As you may have guessed, I have spent a lot of time watching Blu Rays and on Disney+ over the past few weeks.

You can read my top Disney+ picks here for inspiration!

If truth be told, I have pretty much exclusively been watching Boy Meets World over the past few weeks – oh the nostalgia hit is real!


I am also currently re-discovering the awesome Marvel Cinematic Universe by rewatching all of the movies in chronological order, so starting with Captain America in the 1940s, right up to present day.

Definitely one to try out.

4. Virtual Quizzes


If there is one thing about me that is true, it's that I love a pub quiz. For that reason, I have been really enjoying the trend of quiz nights that has emerged during lockdown.

If you would like to take part in the ultimate Disney quiz for Mind UK, be sure to check out the ChatDisney quiz this Sunday.

5. Listening to podcasts


The final thing that I wanted to share with you is that I am really enjoying listening to podcasts at the moment – especially Disney podcasts!

To truly remind myself that our little Disney community still exists out there and is thriving, I highly recommend checking out some Disney podcasts. I know for me it has definitely given me comfort.

Some of my favourites include...


- ChatDisney (I'm biased)
- Disney Marvels Podcast

- 37 Disney Street
- Theme Park Trader Podcast

Let me know your favourites – I'd love to give them a listen!

And if you have any other fun ideas, you can send me a tweet @mercedeslois