NEW: Disney Magic Kingdoms App


After the first announcement was made at the D23 Expo in the summer of 2015, finally almost a year on, the much anticipated Disney Magic Kingdoms mobile game has finally hit the app store!



I have to admit, I haven't really given the game that much of a chance yet, but so far from what I have seen, it is pretty much a carbon copy of the very popular, The Simpsons: Tapped Out available for mobile. Offering in-app purchases to ensure that your Magic Kingdom is the 'biggest and the best', this free game has a very linear storyline in which you, along with much loved Disney Heroes, must eradicate Maleficient's evil which is slowly infiltrating the theme park. Yes, pretty much the same plot as Epic Mickey and every other Disney themed game before it...
As I have said, I have barely touched this game, probably spending a total of an hour on it tops, but it just hasn't gripped me yet in the same way as say the Simpsons or the Kim Kardashian: Hollywood game both did. Another slight negative aside from it's lack of hooking me in, is the difficulty of navigation; it took me a full minute just to place a park bench where I wanted! I am also not enthused by the lack of creative options within this game; I had envisioned more of a RollerCoaster Tycoon style game but instead, we have another mediocre 'tapping-app' with average graphics and a weak storyline. I think perhaps this app wasn't designed for 20 something year old women with full time jobs? Go figure!

I will of course be persistent and continue to play and I will report back in a week or so to let you know how I'm getting on... but I wouldn't hold your breath. I am very disappointed thus far by this game despite being super excited since they announced it last year.

What are your thoughts? Perhaps you're really enjoying the game?
Let me know.

-mercedeslois